Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WFMW



I had a brainstorm reading another WFMW post and thought I should share. I don't really use this idea anymore since both girls are past this stage but I used it when they were not potty trained. Swim diapers are reusable. I read a tip that someone suggested reusing them if they don't get pottied in but even if they are pottied in you can toss them in the washer and let them air dry for another swimming trip. I think in the several years that my girls were diapered, I bought two packages (maybe three) of swim diapers. I was teaching lessons every week when Je was little so she went swimming a lot the summer I was pregnant with Jo. I taught lessons again when Jo was around 2 and not potty trained so she wore swim diapers weekly for several months through the fall and winter, then spring. By last summer, she was reliably potty trained so I threw them away, but they lasted a long time. I think I only bought a new package because I needed a different size. They will last through several washings. If a package has 10 diapers in it, I probably got at least 50 swim trips out of it. If the girls had had a BM in the diaper, I would have thrown it out right away, but neither child ever did that, they were pretty reliably regular in that regard. I shared this tip with many of the swimming parents in my Parent/Infant/Toddler classes and most of them tried it with success. It worked for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea thanks.

Jessica Snell said...

thanks so much for this idea!

Smockity Frocks said...

You just saved me a bundle! Thanks!