Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Things We Do

I've learned that whatever I think is weird about me, probably there are many people out there who feel or act just like me. No matter what thing I think is just me, someone somewhere has a very similar story. It makes me feel a little less lonely to know that I am not the only one who does that, or feels a certain way. Today, I clicked on Kari's Couch and read a post that hit me that way. Now before you think it is some deep spiritual issue, it is a very mundane thing.

Every school year, both as a student, and a teacher, I would play a game with myself. I would see how long I could go without repeating an outfit. I could repeat shoes, and basics like jeans, but only if they were not distinctive. I usually could get pretty far, since I could use summer clothes, then fall clothes, and with an October birthday, I could stretch it a bit farther with new birthday presents adding to my wardrobe. Then I could get out the winter clothes. I know it is dumb but I liked the game. It was just one of my little games. Kari, has gone a step further than me, and keeps a wardrobe journal, but I swear, if I'd thought of it, I would have done it too.

No comments: