Friday, December 08, 2006

I Survived


After last week's shopping day, it was payment time. I hosted the co-op children at my home, along with another mom, while last week's watchers shopped. They ran circles through the dining room, into the kitchen, down the hall into the living room, into the dining room again. They got the wagons, doll strollers, and bikes out and brought them up to the wood floor. We let them play undirected until lunch time. They did really well. When the natives got restless we fed them. After lunch we gave each child a piece of colored cardstock, red or green. We gave them Christmas stickers and crayons and markers and let them decorate as they desired. When they finished we covered each side of the paper with contact paper and Voila! A Christmas placemat. They turned out pretty well and the kids are pleased. It turned out to be a great day for us moms as well. The families in our co-op are all Christian families so we were able to have some great spiritual conversations and it is always fun to be able to talk to another adult. She and I have a lot in common, so a lot of areas for great talk. I loved last year, when I got to know this mom better and this year, as our friendship has deepened, I had an even better time. It was just coincidence that we were together both years, shedules lined up. I would love to do it again with her. God has been so good to us to give us this great group of families to share our time with. All of the kids are great kids and fun for my kids to play with. Whe the idea was introduced, I almost let my reluctance to do something new keep me from it. It has been such a blessing to me. Not just the fabulous babysitting for my kids, but also the fellowship, friendship and love of these women. Most of whom, I probably wouldn't have met or had an opportunity to know very well. What a blessing. So I am exhausted by the long day, but exhilarated at the experience of a whole day with a friend and no guilt for not cleaning and no place to be.

No comments: