Monday, March 19, 2007

Bargains Bargains Bargains

I've been in a bargain mood of late. I already blogged about my bed/bath redo, and the great deals I got on that project. Now again, my husband doesn't think going $250 over the original estimate is a great deal but he doesn't understand that one thing led to another and now the room looks better. He does like the new denim comforter however, and the shams met with his approval. The are very streamlined.

I returned from a grocery store trip having saved a ton of money and gotten something for free. I printed coupons off the KC Star website for pillsbury crescent rolls and cinamon rolls. The refrigerator kind. They are on sale this week so with my coupon it made them $.30 a can. It was for the small can of 4 but for the girls and I or just Shan that is enough. And on the crescents, that is enough to give us each one at dinner and that is probably as many as we should have for healthy eating. Pizza rolls are also on sale and I had coupons for those that made them free. FREE! I think the total for my groceries was $20 before coupons and $5 after. I got 14 cans of cinamon rolls, three boxes of pizza rolls, and 4-5 cans of crescents. I am well stocked.

2 comments:

The Estrogen Files said...

Whoo Hooo! You go girl! Frugal those coupons. Great deals there - have you noticed that some stores won't take home printed coupons? The one I like here (Idaho) won't take them off home printers. Something about too much forgery?

Hey,thanks for visiting my blog on Works for Me Wed. It's nice to meetcha!

Jill said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, which is begging for a new post. Way to go on the $$ savings. I need to be more diligent about using coupons. I posted recently about not being able to remember my grocery list. I'd probably forget the coupons, too! Love your blog....