Saturday, February 18, 2006

Is it March yet?

I've learned more about wrestling than I ever knew I wanted to know. This is the time of year when I am ready for winter to be over. I love winter. Cold, snow, ice etc. they don't bother me. However, winter at our house means high school wrestling season. I am a wrestling widow. My kids think the muscle man is Daddy. He has done nothing to dissuade them. From November through February my husband coaches the high school team where he teaches. Practice is after school so he doesn't get home until 7 p.m which is about two and half hours later than usual. Starting in December he has tournaments all day every Saturday. He usually leaves the house before six and gets home after 9 so this make for a very long time for mama and the girls. Our girls are two and four. Real time intensive ages. As a stay at home mom it makes for some long weeks, but we have just one week to go. As an added treat this year we get to go to the state tournament next weekend with the team. The girls are getting big enough and they know the wrestling parents well enough that it will not be to bad. I also suggested that my in-laws might like to come and meet us there, see the kids, watch their son coach, give me a break you know whatever. They are to meet us there and hopefully they got a room at the same hotel. The girls are so excited about the hotel. I haven't told them there isn't an indoor pool yet. That will not go over well. They love to swim. Today at lessons I had to drag them out of the pool to shower so we could go eat. Just four more days of practice and then the tournament and it is done for this year. I'll probably forget all this by next year. Oh well, my husband has a lot of fun coaching and its only for four months.

No comments: