Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Homemaking for Me

Aprons - Y/N?

Never. How would I know what I did if it isn’t on my jeans?

Baking - Favorite thing to bake:


My Mom’s buttermilk fluff rolls

Clothesline - Y/N?

Definitely. Nothing is better than putting your clean body, freshly shaved legs into a clean bed of line dried-linens. The smell is fabulous!

Donuts - Have you ever made them?

Absolutely. They are a snow day tradition at home. It takes all day for the dough to raise twice and they are a cholesterol buster but taste wonderful.

Every day - One homemaking thing you do every day:

Make the bed. I hate to get into a bed that isn’t made.

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?

Yes, we get beef from my cattle raising father-in-law, so it is a necessity. I also believe in filling up my storehouse, when God provides a big harvest, (or a great sale) and then you have it for the lean times.

Garbage Disposal - Y/N?

Sure

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource?

My mom is a great resource for advice, tips. I also read the Everyday Cheapskate for her wonderful ideas.

Ironing - Love it or hate it?

I love to iron since it is a household task I can do while watching TV. I love laundry in general.

Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it?

I have two, one in the kitchen and one in the family room.

Kitchen: Design & Decorating?
It is roomy and well stocked. It is a homey place and very lived in.

Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking?

I love staying home and taking care of my family. I love to bake and cook. My cleaning skills leave a little to be desired.

Mop - Y/N?


No, I use a hardwood floor cleaner on a special cleaning pad.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?

I wash almost everything in the washing machine. I rarely wear nylons so they go in too.

Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?

I open the door, I don’t trust the window view.

Pizza - What do you put on yours?

My favorite is pork sausage and mushroom and black olives. My family doesn’t like the olives so they are a rare treat.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?

I work on my Bible Study, read a book, take a bath, check email.

Recipe card box - Y/N?

Yes for the tried a true. I have cook books and sheets of recipes I am looking for a chance to try.

Style of home -

Split level house with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. I love the living room because it is big and opens to the dining room so nice for entertaining. I wish the family room was bigger and not just off the garage, so it would be warmer in the winter.

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?

I use tablecloths for special occasions but I have nice placemats and matching napkins on the dinning room table all the time. I took the cloth napkins off the kitchen table when I had kids.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?

Pretty organized, the cleaners, trash bags and grocery store sacks are pretty neat.

Vacuum - How many times per week?

The kitchen floor gets it almost daily but the rest of the house just about weekly.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?

5-8

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?

I want to, but it doesn’t happen

Yard - Who does what?

I do the flowers, and decorations, but my husband mows and trims.

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?

Check on lights and kids.

What does homemaking look like for you? This was a lot of fun to think through!

No comments: