Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2007 everyone! Are you working on goals for your year? I don't like the idea of New Year's Resolutions, mostly because they have become a joke, and we take bets on when we will break them. Instead, we should set goals for ourselves and pray for the wisdom, strength, and perserverence to meet the goals we set for ourselves. We should pray for that wisdom in setting reasonable, appropriate goals for us to actually meet. Instead of saying I will lose 20 lbs, we should set a goal of exercising for 30 minutes a day, or drinking one fewer coke per day. Something that is less discouraging and that we can see sign posts along the way. I really like those new commercials airing here about changing one thing, for healthy living. It can be something simple like parking 50 yards from the store rather than in the spot right next to the door.

I think I will take some time this week and set some goals for myself and my family. IE: picking up our toys each night. The girls are still young enough that they will participate through me, this year. I will spend some time talking with them about it, let them suggest a few ideas and then we can work on it together.

What are your goals for 2007? I'll post mine in a few days. I will also post about our ill-fated trip to western Kansas in a blizzard. Fun Fun! I saw snow.

No comments: