Friday, April 07, 2006

So You Thought You'd Won but.....

I was feeling really good about potty training. We were consistently using the potty all the time and even had moved from the little potty to the big potty with the help of the step stool. Our little potty base flips over and becomes a step stool if you take off the seat a remove the bowl. We have been dry at nap and almost dry at night. She even got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom a few times.

Yesterday


Total failure...


I did a load of laundry last night and there were 9 pairs of panties. I did laundry Monday so if you subtract the three days since we are looking at 6 pairs of panties yesterday. SIX!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I found Josi she was holding her pants up so they weren't touching the floor. Like the legs were too long. I am not sure why she does that when her pants are wet but that seems to be the signal. I took her upstairs to change and she went off to play. I didn't put new pants on over her clean panties I got interupted so I didn't notice a little while later when she came downstairs. She was very unhappy about something with her sister. I don't know. I picked her up and consoled her. It took a few minutes to realize that she had taken off her panties. She had another accident and put the offending garment in the dirty clothes and went on playing. This was a recurring theme. After her naptime accident she even put on dry ones and told me about it later. Let's hope today is a better dry day. Argh!

No comments: